Startups get set to launch
It’s the last week of Queensland’s school term, and the first cohort of Gold Coast Innovation Hub’s Student Startup Landing Pad is getting ready to launch its ideas!
The team from Startup Apprentice has been working with six young innovators from Somerset College and Southport State High School across two projects:
- a revolutionary new approach to urban planning; and
- software that cuts down the time taken to find and reference citations for students and researchers.
The two project teams have each developed a business model, an elevator pitch and have worked with other real-world business owners to gain knowledge, experience and support in getting their legal, financial and marketing plans in place. The program is co-funded with the support of Study Gold Coast’s Vision 2020 fund.
The insideR story, together with details on how to apply for Round 2 of the program continue after this short video:
The program team would like to offer a big thank you to the following Gold Coast companies for coming into the GC Hub to share their time and expertise with the first high school entrepreneurs participating in this exciting entrepreneurial program:
- Ian Kennedy from McLaughlins Lawyers, who shared wisdom and insights around IP protection, licensing agreements and business structures.
- Justin Gambino from Blue Ocean Branding and Cryptohub, who helped the teams with their messaging, website copy and gave some great tips for promotional video creation.
- Adam Stead from Stead Lane, who took the students through website creation and marketing strategies, providing some excellent examples of campaigns and approaches that have produced million dollar outcomes.
- Navdeep Parischa from iYouth Global, the inaugural student mentor, coming in each week to share insights from his own entrepreneurial journey.
Student Startup Round 2 is Open: Apply Now
Applications for Cohort 2 of the Student Startup Landing Pad (running 23rd April until 26th June 2019) are now open. If you are a high schooler with a great business idea or a university student keen on spending time in the space and mentoring some young entrepreneurs, make sure you apply before Friday the 12th April.
Student Applications: https://www.startupapprentice.com.au/student-startup-landing-pad/
Mentor Applications: https://www.startupapprentice.com.au/startup-landing-pad-mentors/