Thriving central Gold Coast development hub
Already one of the Gold Coast’s most amenity-rich areas, Robina is continuing to bring new conveniences, services and accommodation with more than $1 billion of new developments being delivered.
In this edition of insideR, we put the spotlight on the top new additions, including sporting, health, residential, commercial and retail facilities set to make Robina an even better place to live, work and play.
Home & leisure drawcard
Home styling is so hot right now. Everyone is an armchair expert with an ever-growing swag of renovation shows on TV driving up retail sales. There’s also a trend towards shopping locally when styling your abode, which is great news in the lead up to the opening of Robina’s new homewares and lifestyle retail precinct, a stone’s throw from Robina Town Centre.
If you’ve driven along Christine Avenue lately you’ll have noticed Home+Life Robina is going up at speed, and it’s BIG! It is on track for completion in August 2017 and will feature up to 14 retailers, giving locals the opportunity to find the finishing touches for their new property and grab a cuppa under one roof.
QIC’s Home+Life enjoys a prime location opposite Robina Automall and within easy reach of Robina Town Centre. Businesses already signed up to join the precinct include Pet Stock, Toys R Us/ Babies R Us, Kitchen Connection, The Reject Shop and we hear whispers that The Good Guys may also get a new Robina home (unconfirmed…shhh!).
The 14,770sqm retail precinct will be serviced by more than 300 car parks for customer convenience.
Where: 550 Christine Avenue, Robina.
An address for commercial success
The ‘3C Rule’ is a simple checklist for business owners searching for a ‘future proof’ corporate space:
- Does the building / location offer great connectivity?
- Is there an opportunity to customise floorspace?
- Does it have enough carparks to cater for your workforce and clients?
Robina Professional Centre is a prime example of a location that follows the 3C Rule. The newly re-energised building is positioned on Laver Drive at the gateway to CBDRobina. The modern commercial address boasts excellent exposure, and direct connectivity to Robina Town Centre and Robina’s health and knowledge precinct – which includes two hospitals.
It also offers high-speed fibre optic internet, allowing your business to connect with clients and customers quickly and efficiently.
Robina Professional Centre is approved for office, medical and education use, and offers tenancies from 152sqm to 728sqm, with full floors available. This means you can customise your floorplate, and accommodate future growth.
With 64 carparks on site including secure basement parking, and proximity to the M1 Motorway and public transport, accessibility won’t be an issue for your workforce or clientele.
Offices are available from $350 per sqm per annum. For more information, contact Marcus Weld on 0414 726 207 or read more below.
Where: 36 Laver Drive, Robina
Robina’s Health Precinct – by the numbers
Robina is continuing to build its reputation as a first-class health hub, with further new medical facilities in the pipeline following a recent investment of $64 million from Australian Unity Healthcare Property Trust.
Here’s a snapshot of what this investment will mean in terms of jobs and new facilities:
- Health sector jobs are expected to increase by 195 per cent in Robina over the next 33 years. This equates to about 2,208 full time hospital and health workers by 2050.
- A new $24.6 million Robina Private Hospital, developed by Australian Unity is being operated by Healthe Care. It opened in November 2016. Robina Private Hospital offers 90 beds for specialist mental health and medical services.
- Australian Unity has purchased a $3.77 million site opposite Robina Private Hospital, which it has earmarked for future stages.
- Australian Unity also recently purchased the fully leased specialist medical Campus Alpha building for $26.32 million.
- A $5.5 million Primary Health Care Centre, which will provide general practice, radiology, pathology, dental and pharmacy uses is expected to be commenced in Campus Crescent shortly.
Where: Bayberry Lane and Campus Crescent Robina
As the 2018 Commonwealth Games edges closer, Robina’s sporting and parkland facilities are being upgraded to the tune of more than $2 million. These new and improved facilities will create a lasting legacy for the whole community:
- Robina’s CBUS Super Stadium will see a $1.2 million upgrade and refurbishment in preparation to host the Rugby Sevens competition during the Commonwealth Games. The home ground of the National Rugby League (NRL)’s Titans was modelled on Brisbane’s Suncorp Stadium and seats almost 30,000 spectators.
- Robina’s premier park and local sporting facility, Robina Common, will undergo a $700,000 upgrade to improve safety and encourage additional grassroots sporting events. Budding soccer stars will benefit from a $450,000 reconfiguration of six playing fields at the Robina Soccer Club, as well as lighting installation – so the next David Beckham can continue his or her training well past dark. Almost $100,000 has been allocated for a network of new CCTV cameras to improve general safety, along with new landscaping and guttering of the playground area.
- Baseball players will be hitting home-runs with $10,000 invested into new batting cage facilities at Robina Braves Baseball Club with an additional $150,000 set aside for future upgrades as the club grows.
Vue to ‘Central Park’
Robina’s newest terrace home community, Vue, is being built at the doorstep of one of the Gold Coast’s most ambitious urban renewal projects.
Vue is surrounded by 2,929 hectares of open green space, known as Robina City Parklands (and formerly Green Heart). The space, being pitched as a ‘Central Park’ style parklands, will be built in stages over the coming years.
The new park will be a space the whole community can enjoy, and will complement exclusive resident-only resort-style facilities at Vue, including a pool and barbeque terraces.
More than $19 million of homes have already sold off-the-plan at Vue, with limited three-bedroom, plus media, dual-level terrace homes available, priced from $599,000.
Where: Corner of Stadium Drive and Cheltenham Drive, Robina
Website: For more information visit: http://vueterracehomes.com.au